Always update your apps

Highlighted
Community Manager

Always update your apps

When was the last time you updated your smartphone’s software and apps? 

Are you using the latest OS (Operating System)? 

You probably think or feel that updating your OS and apps is a hassle. Maybe because your phone has insufficient space. Or maybe you get easily bored waiting for the updates cos you can’t use your phone or app. Or maybe you can’t update cos you don’t have a WiFi connection... let’s just face it, updates use heaps of data! And what if it slows down your phone after you’ve updated it? Smiley Mad

All these maybes and what ifs – I get it. But believe me when I tell you that you should always, always get the latest updates. 

Here’s why:

1)    New features
New stickers on your social apps, cool features to show off to another OS’ users, new in-game skin and gear… I mean, who doesn’t love new stuff?

2)    Bug fixes 
Slow, lags, crashes… I’m sure you’d get annoyed when a certain app or function doesn’t work properly in the way you expect it to be. Just update it, it may work perfectly now!  

3)    Security of your personal data 
The most important reason to update your OS and apps is to avoid yourself from being the victim of data breach, accounts hacked and some malware attack. Older software are more vulnerable, criminals can exploit their outdated designs and security flaws and do harm to the users. 

So how to keep yourself safe? Easy! Update your OS and apps frequently, and remove those that you don’t use! Better be safe than sorry, right?
Top Kudoed Posts