How to: Update apps on iOS13

Community Manager
Community Manager

How to: Update apps on iOS13

I'm not sure about you but I'm obsessed with keeping my apps up to date. I'm definitely one those people who can't see non-updated apps on the App Store hence why I need to get them updated all the time.

It's the best feeling ever everytime I check my App Store (the Updates tab, specifically) and there's update on bug fixes or performance improvements. As if by default, I immediately refresh the list just to make sure every update is there, tap the "Update All" button, and wait while my phone do it's magic.

So last weekend I finally upgraded to iOS13 and my anxiety instantly kicked in when I couldn't find the Updates tab as Apply has replaced it with Apple Arcade. All I had in my head was, " How am I supposed to get my updates now?". Took me awhile to adjust to the new layout but when I discovered the Update button, it's actually just as easy as it was before, except it's a little more hidden.

Here's how to update your apps:

• Open the App Store.
  • Tap on your Apple ID profile picture in the top right corner.
    App store, in Dark ModeApp store, in Dark Mode

•  
  • If you have updates already pending, they’ll be at the bottom of your screen. If you want to refresh the list, just pull down.
  • If you have updates ready, tap “Update All” at the top of the updates list and watch those update circles fill.
    ios13_appstore2.png
  •  
Labels (5)