Annoying Funsea

Contributor *

Annoying Funsea

I never subscribe to any of Funsea games and never ask or fill TAC number in any page. But why i still be charged RM4/week?? I do many ways to stop it but never success. And when i search for Funsea, it turns out that it is premium partner of Axiata. So can you explain this new-trend scam?? The sms is 39179
9 REPLIES 9
Special Contributor *

Re: Annoying Funsea

try reply STOP to that number? And contact Celcom customer service, ask them to check and cancel it for you. 

Newbie *

Hey, I got the same problem. How did you unsubcribe?
Newbie *

Fun sea trouble

Saya kehilangan RM4.00 disebabkan benda ini. Saya tidak melanggan dan ia melanggan tiba tiba
Contributor *

I have the same experience. They charge me Rm20 this month. REALLY REALLY ANNOYING.
IF CELCOM DO NOT STOP THIS SCAM......I WILL REPORT TO POLICE
Newbie *

Sama saya juga di charge funsea tanpa Sebab. **bleep** celcom partner dgn scam funsea games.
Newbie *

Sama saya juga di charge funsea tanpa Sebab. **bleep** celcom partner dgn scam funsea games.
Tags (1)
Newbie *

Please help meee... Im never subscribe it.. and that thinggg eat my money rm6..
Newbie *

I have the same problem after buying a new chinese phone here in Cambodia. There is a virus built into the actual Android UI operating system. It is a ZOPO Color X5.5

The subscribe message for me, says to send OFF to 6366 .. which I do .. but then as soon as WIFI is off, it does it again.

I tried everything including installing anti-virus software, even doing a hard reset .. still the same issue.

The anti-virus software did find the virus (360 security) but as it is the main operating system part of the Android device, it cannot be disabled or stopped. 

Only solution for me anyway is to buy a new phone.

Highlighted
Guardian

The reason why anti-viruses won't work is because there no viruses on your phone, rather the website's advertisements.

So there has been a huge surge of reditect ads that take you to shady sites that, from your browser, make SMS subscriptions and cost you money. This honestly isn't the fault of us Celcom or the content provider, but rather the middlemen: ad networks.

These advertising clients hide JavaScript code that tells the browser to do lots of unintended stuff, one of them is send an SMS to tell content providers you want to subscribe to their content, and for some reason you sending STOP sometimes don't work. For this, you may have to call customer care so that they'll check on the matter.

To prevent this, all you need to do is 1) don't use mobile data, 2) use an adblock browser.

These scripts will ONLY work if you use mobile data, since data can directly make charges on your number, scammers took adavantage of scripting to run malicious actions on it. JavaScript itself isn't bad, and it is used on every digital device for much better purposes, but it can be used in malicious ways, and this is an example.

My advice is when you see any pop-up that says "please press Allow to continue", never do it and push the Back button to leave the site. Or if it keeps redirecting to the same pop-up, close the tab immediately. This has been a very serious and deep-rooted issue that even Google themselves have a hard time dealing with it,