Celcom can’t activate iMessage and facetime

Contributor *

Celcom can’t activate iMessage and facetime

I can’t seem to activate my iMessage and FaceTime for iPhone 8.

Having the exact same problem as stated in the link below:
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4366132/all

Have contacted Apple support. They said that it seems like I can’t receive the sms short code properly.

Has anyone encountered this before?
Labels (3)
10 REPLIES
Active Contributor ***

Re: Celcom can’t activate iMessage and facetime

Hi @shiyunkuan,

My wife just got an iPhone 8 Plus today. No issues to activate. Maybe you can restore the iPhone from fresh and start all over again? 

Good luck!

--
ιllιlı.ıl oǝɹǝʇsʞund@ //
Contributor *

Hi punkstereo,

Thanks for your reply! Have done that already and all the troubleshooting steps I can find online. Apple ID works fine, just my phone number that is missing. Will keep trying! Thanks Smiley Happy
Active Contributor ***

Hi @shiyunkuan,

Just in case you have yet to see this, try to read HERE

--
ιllιlı.ıl oǝɹǝʇsʞund@ //
Newbie **

I'm havingthe same problem as u. Until now there is no solution to this. I have contacted Apple support and they have been tremendously helpful to solve this issue with me.

However,I have tried to reach celcom and even go to blue cube to lodge a report. it has been 3 weeks since I encountered this issue and Celcom do not being very helpful.

I have tried to reset all the settings, Apple even reset my Apple ID but still the code couldn't be properly sent.

I keep getting "????y???REG-RESP?V=3;r=1219516422;N=................." and since I have lodge a report to celcom I stopped getting message but still I couldn't get the code and activate my iMessage and Facetime.

PLEASE HELP.

Contributor *

Hi @Arinafifi90,

Sorry to hear that this happened to you as well! Mine is not activated yet as well. I’m using my Apple ID to use iMessage and FaceTime.

I even requested celcom to reset my account and since then I did not receive the sms code anymore. But I still can’t seem to activate it. Apple is super helpful. But still pending answers from their engineering team.
Newbie **

I am experiencing the same with you. By any chance, does this has anything to do with our new plans or new phones? if this has to do with the plan I recently changed, I want to change the telco company and do not want to pay any single penalty as it arises from Celcom itself and they can never resolve this issue.

Contributor *

I thought of that too. I bought a Xiaomi from celcom and bound to a 2-year contract which expires this July. I’m not sure if that is an issue as I changed my phone before the contract ends. My friend who is using a different telco has no problem with her activation.
Contributor *

Seems that all of us who are having this problem cannot seem to find a solution. Even Celcom's so called support does not want to get their hands on this problem. 

Highlighted
Contributor *

Hello all,

Just to update all of you. My phone number is finally recognized by iMessage and FaceTime. Not sure which side did the magic but it works fine now