Celcom New Phone - Change phone with renewal of contract

Contributor **

Celcom New Phone - Change phone with renewal of contract

To whoever it may concern.

I am NewPhone customer currently holding Samsung S7 Edge

I was being informed that I would need to renew my contract should I would like to swap phone eventhough it is within 24 months.

Nevertheless, this clause was not mentioned and was not available in your T&C.

Pls confirm with picture on the clause that state that I would need to renew my contract if I would like to swap the phone.

Thanks

7 REPLIES
Contributor **

Re: Celcom New Phone - Change phone with renewal of contract

Interesting that Celcom is not able to answer this simple question. I wonder how many customer has been cheated by this "unknown" condition.
Guardian

hi @sim_127, we are sorry for the inconvenience. we have not specific tool were support us to send of picture or document to you related newphone program. we hope you like prepare your time go to Blue Cube for asking about this confuse case.

Have Nice Day Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Contributor **

Hi An-Najah.
Thank you for conveniently pushing the responsibility to your Blue Cube team. I decided to use this platform after consulting your Blue Cube team. I have tried asking 2 Blue Cube centre and both of them has the same response:
They said that it is in the T&C that we would need to renew our contract another 2 years. But when i asked to be shown where it is written in the T&C, no one can actually show it to me.
Active Contributor ***

Hi @sim_127,

I know your frustration. I had a similar situation whereby further clarification needed on the NewPhone packages. Didn't get any convincing answer from the Blue Cube guys. I put the question in here - and the Community (including the Moderators Team) managed to get me the answer. 

The problem that I see from Celcom is, even tho they are the most experienced 'tele-communication' company, their communication needs lot of improvement. From the web, the print ads, to the personnel in the outlets. Celcom agak sopan santun. Always beat-around-the-bush 🙄

In this case, Celcom 'assumed' that the customer will understand that this is actually a CYCLE of NewPhone every year. It has been mentioned in a non-direct way. My suggestion, just put in the FAQ and T&C. I only found one evidence that mentioned about this, below; But I think, still - not direct and customer might not get it.

T&C

So sorry @sim_127, if you want to upgrade and get another phone, you have to be in the cycle. Meaning another 24 months with an option of free upgrade after 12 months. Btw, not many devices now in NewPhone tho 🤨.

All the best!

--
ιllιlı.ıl oǝɹǝʇsʞund@ //
Contributor **

@punkstereo can you share the T&C again.

Thanks

Active Contributor ***

Hi @sim_127,

Here you go, click HERE. Under Program, look for NewPhone. 

--
ιllιlı.ıl oǝɹǝʇsʞund@ //
Contributor **

@punkstereo @An-Najah

Thanks. Finding for the T&C is like searching a needle in a haystack. I still can't find anything that says that I would need to renew my contract for 24 months.

I am basically a satisfied Celcom user. Just that I feel that it is unfair to us as consumer that Celcom does not state it clearly and I can't accept that Celcom being a member of Axiata Group would like to cheat their customer on something so minuscule